Monitor cable pin lost!!!!

YinHoNg 23:23 09 Jan 05

Ok, here's the situation: the monitor's cable that connects to the base unit (sorry i dont know the name) well one of the pins have broken off so now i can't get anything on my monitor screen!!

I REALLY don't want to buy a whole new monitor, so do you know if there is any way to fix it? I did try looking for the pin but to no avail......

red dragon 23:25 09 Jan 05

Is the cable fixed at the back of the monitor, or is it removable?

If it can be unplugged from the back of the monitor you can get a replacement cable.

YinHoNg 23:27 09 Jan 05

Yeh its the one that's fixed at the back........ =(

red dragon 23:29 09 Jan 05

No real easy fix then.

Crt monitors are really cheap at the moment. Check you loacl freeads....there are always loads for sale cheap.

YinHoNg 23:47 09 Jan 05

Ok thanks. I think i might get a whole new system actually now.....

My current computer is 750mhz 128 ram and in a really old Time case. It keeps buggering up too.

Do you know any good second hand shops to look for computers?

I've realisticly got a budget of 200 or less.

ton 00:00 10 Jan 05

Are you sure you have lost a pin?

It is normal for one pin to be missing on a monitor cable.

GaT7 00:04 10 Jan 05

Check your local classifieds or Freeads, Adtrader & similar - some of them are online as well.

Ebay may be a good place if you're looking for a bargain - Sorted by "Time: ending soonest" click here. Sorted by "Price: lowest first" click here. HTH, G

YinHoNg 00:53 10 Jan 05

" It is normal for one pin to be missing on a monitor cable."

is it?! I'll check tomorrw.

Crossbow7 thank you so much for those links - they;ve been extremely helpful: i just hope i can nab a goody!

Will keep you all updated.......

Djohn 01:33 10 Jan 05

usually 14 pins on a 15 pin cable! :o(

GaT7 01:41 10 Jan 05

Some more links: AdTrader click here, Computer classifieds at Freeads click here, Desktop computers at Ebid (another auction site) click here.

ton is right about having one pin missing.

I have two pins missing on my CRT monitor - one I broke myself sometime ago! If I pull the cable out of the graphics card I get a message on screen saying, "Check Video Cable", but apart from that the picture is absolutely fine : ) G

YinHoNg 11:27 10 Jan 05

Well i have no idea why the monitor isnt working then........ =(

I'm sure the cable is connected properly but nothing is coming up on screen.....

Maybe its the system thats broke.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…