Monitor Brightness Software

akzah 21:28 30 Sep 03

Hi

My Dell Trinitron monitor is quite dark even when you put the brightness and the other one to 100%.

Is there any software which can enchance the signal and make it brighter or is there a fix for the problem.

The monitor is only three years old though not under waranty.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Akbar

Chris the Ancient 21:29 30 Sep 03

How old is the monitor?

Chris the Ancient 21:30 30 Sep 03

When in doubt, READ THE THREAD, Chris

Chris the Ancient 21:32 30 Sep 03

Try again...

HAs it always been like this, or is it a gradual change over time?

Chris

akzah 21:34 30 Sep 03

well it was used by my company and then I recived it this week they were replacing them with TFTs.

Its okay for normall net and work, though playing games you notice that areas which are dark in normall monitors its picth black in this one.

Chris the Ancient 21:37 30 Sep 03

Did you get the full drivers for it as well?

Some monitors can be 'tweaked' a little from the settings. Right click the desktop, choose settings and the furthest tab on the right MAY have more settings to play with - but not always.

Chris

akzah 21:42 30 Sep 03

i did'nt get a driver so it using plug and play monitor, i will search the net for a driver.

woodchip 21:56 30 Sep 03

There are internal tweakes but not for them that do not know anything. PLUS HIGH VOLTS WHEN THE PLUG IS OUT

woodchip 22:09 30 Sep 03

It can KILL

DieSse 23:12 30 Sep 03

It's not the monitor driver, but the graphics card driver which is likely to have these settings. The nVidia nView software, for instance, has Brightness, Contrast, and other controls.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017