Monitor Brightness Settings

portofcall 22:32 23 Sep 04

My monitor (flat screen) is brighter than the sun and is causing me many a headache. I did not buy said monitor new and have no idea how to adjust the brightness setting. There must be a generic way of setting brightness but I can't find it on control panel. My old monitors used to have an adjustment dial on the monitor. Has this gone on the bye and bye? Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan the Confused 22:43 23 Sep 04

Right click Desktop and select Properties then click Settings tab and click on Advanced button. Click the tab labelled with your graphics driver and you should find options there to adjust the display. This works on Win98 anyway.

Djohn 22:47 23 Sep 04

Your monitor should have several buttons on the front or side that will allow you to do this. One of them will be the Menu button, press that to bring up a display on the screen and cycle through the graphics until you see the contrast/brightness setting, adjust from there.

If you still need help please post back with the make/model of monitor and someone will advise further.

portofcall 23:01 23 Sep 04

This monitor is an ECS Elite Group. Those are the only identifying markings/label. There are menu buttons on the side but they don't seem to have a function. Hmmmm

Djohn 23:30 23 Sep 04

These buttons, do they have any text next to them or symbol to indicate their function? When you say the don't appear to function, can you explain a little more please?

If you press any of the buttons do you get a dialogue box appear on screen of any description?

Finally is it a 15" or 17" Panel? take the measurement from top right to bottom left of screen area or top left to bottom right.

hugh-265156 02:59 24 Sep 04

look on the back of your monitor, there should be a label with the model no. printed on it hopefully, what is it? may help.

Djohn 03:26 24 Sep 04

Thanks for mentioning that as I can't find a monitor made by Elite except for a laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…