Monitor border trouble

ZISHAAN 17:54 10 Nov 05

Hi i recently reinstalled a friends laptop but i didnt use the system recovery cd instead the windows xp cd i had. now that it is all installed and everything when i started it up the the desktop is not in the whole screen. i.e theres the screen and the center part is where the desktop is and around the edges its just space that is not being used. its a 17" monitor and windows is only using like 14" to display information. i think during setup it was using the whole screen but i dont know why it isnt now.

i cant see any buttons where i can adjust the screen size and make it bigger to fill the whole space. what do i do?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 10 Nov 05

Perhaps it is using a default display driver and requres the correct display driver for the laptop to use all the screen.

ZISHAAN 19:31 10 Nov 05

oh ok, how would i go about installing da new one? i went to hardware under my computer and it has da question mark next to video controller

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:05 10 Nov 05

First of all what is the name of the video controller?

Highlight it and right click select properties and it will tell you why it has a question mark.

Make and model of laptop and operating system will help to find a suitable driver.

ZISHAAN 01:13 11 Nov 05

it doesnt say the name of it. i tried to go to desktop right click then go to settings and then advanced and go to adaptor to find the name but no name there either. the laptop is a hp pavilionze4400.il have a look on da net for drivers for that see if i get nething

ZISHAAN 00:41 12 Nov 05

Hey cheers for the help fruit bat. i just ended up going to the site and looking for the model of the laptop and getting the drivers pack for the video card from there.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…