Monitor BNC Connectors

desmondo 23:02 05 Apr 03

I have recently acquired 3 monitors (& leads) all with the 5 x BNC setup, which I have never used before. I assume that the red, green and blue are self explanitory - but of the black and grey, which is the Hz sync? Thanks in anticipation...........

hugh-265156 23:33 05 Apr 03

ok dont know much about this i am guessing that apart from r g and b you also have H/V and V connectors? see if they marked as such and run them to same on pc.eh...bump!

desmondo 23:45 05 Apr 03

huggyg71 - if only it were that simple! No markings at all unfortunately - cheers anyway

hugh-265156 23:54 05 Apr 03

sorry the only experience i have is with security cameras in my work.i would try connecting it up and see what happens i doubt very much that harm will be done.worst case no picture than try switching around.at least rgb is correct only two choices left.thats what i would do anyway.

bloo meeny 23:56 05 Apr 03

Took a bit bit of searching for this but finally.....

Grey = horizontal/vertical H or H/V

Black = vertical V or VD

Note that if the monitor/s have only 4 connections then the black will not be used !

Glad to be of help :)

desmondo 22:10 06 Apr 03

Brilliant - thanks guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…