Monitor becomes corrupted

TommyRed 17:30 28 Jan 04

I've been helping(?) my neighbour with his PC and have noticed that his monitor becomes corrupted, most of the white parts of the screen are overcome with grey and it's difficult to read what's on the screen. I put Spybot, Ad-aware and SpywareBlaster on for him, ran them and deleted what they'd found. After this the monitor seemed fine, but this morning it was back to it's normal (grey everywhere). He says it does seem to correct itself after it's warmed up. Any ideas what it could be? He's running XP Pro on 192MB of RAM. TIA TR

Big Elf 18:33 28 Jan 04

The monitor could be failing. I had a similar experience although mine went yellow, not grey.

DAG88 18:58 28 Jan 04

take your monitor with you and compare both to see whether the fault lies with the PC or monitor.

if its a computer fault it could be the graphics cars or monitor cable/pins

TommyRed 18:58 28 Jan 04

I suppose I could try mine and see if everythings alright with it, thanks TR.

TommyRed 14:28 29 Jan 04

Mine worked fine, so it's a problem with his monitor. Could it be a setting or is it buggered. TIA TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…