monitor after close down

timber 11:30 24 Jan 03
  timber 11:30 24 Jan 03

after everything has been switched off am left with monitor screen which one half is black other is a deep redddish colour.
is it time to look for another monitor.

craig

obbit 11:36 24 Jan 03

Hi timber.........speakers will cause colouring on monitors or other magnetic sources.

regards

obbit

timber 11:50 24 Jan 03

obbit

speakers have been in same position for over a year,next to monitor but never had problem before.

cheers

timber 12:08 24 Jan 03

forgot to mention had new psu fitted and the same night there was a power surge

craig

Djohn 12:13 24 Jan 03

timber, Speakers would have no noticeable effect after shut down, But the power surge is worrying, has any other component of your PC suffered?

timber 12:18 24 Jan 03

djohn

hi

everything else seems to be working alright

craig

Djohn 12:27 24 Jan 03

Power surge may have damaged monitor or graphics card, if the display is ok when you are switched on, then I would think card is un-damaged, try a degauss of the monitor ans see if that helps.

How old is monitor? and does the screen stay that colour permanently after switching off or is it while the screen is in standby mode?

timber 12:33 24 Jan 03

djohn

monitor is about ten years old.

happens only when on standby

craig

Djohn 12:40 24 Jan 03

timber, I am not a technician, so this is only an opinion.

It does seem as though the power surge has caused some damage, but if the monitor works ok in use, then I would carry on using it, you will cause no harm.

At ten years of age the monitor has seen it's best and if you do purchase a new one you will notice a big difference in viewing pleasure.

timber 12:44 24 Jan 03

djohn

thanks for your input and as you say getting a new monitor will make a difference

thanks again
craig

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…