monitor

marilynbell 00:18 25 Feb 03

I Have been checking my friend's computer while she is away and have noticed that the monitor is flashing yellow all the time (on and off) any suggestions Thanks

tran1 00:22 25 Feb 03

The flashing yellow might mean its in standby mode.

Djohn 00:22 25 Feb 03

Do you mean the little LED, near the on/off button. if so then this is ok, it just indicates the monitor is in standby. J.

marilynbell 00:29 25 Feb 03

No the whole screen is flashing, I've checked the colour settings and they are all fine, I was wondering if it's one it's way out, or if a virus she had a while ago could have done something, it's plug and play by the way, but it's very annoying when you're looking at a flashing screen all the time Thanks for help

DieSse 01:14 25 Feb 03

Can you describe it a little better please?

You mean - regular flashing, or random? - All yellow then all black? - Or just a yellow tinge?

If you've checked the colour settings, how did you do this if it's only flashing yellow? - what do you mean by "checked the colour settings"?

Remember no-one here can see it - we have only your description.

Tog 07:29 25 Feb 03

Remove and refit the cable connection into the monitor and at the PC, make sure it is secure. Is it an Iiyama monitor?

marilynbell 15:34 25 Feb 03

I know I'm not very good at explaing myself. I checked the colour setting in the display on the control panel and got someone else to check as well all ok. The yellow is like a tinge, like looking at his page now, mainly white, well on this one, it's changing to a yellow tinge and then back to normal again. I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting at the computer again and see if that helps as I've no idea what make it is, I do know that origianlly it came from Tiny, I wondered if it was something to do with a programme as a lot of them have had to be re-installed as a virus got into 28 files Thanks

marilynbell 17:07 25 Feb 03

I've done as suggested and disconnected and reconnected and it seems to have worked Thanks very much for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…