the kopite 07:04 20 Jan 04

Hi guys I have just installed a new monitor that works fine trouble is windows 98 keeps finding my old moitor how do I get rid of it please thanks kopite

xania 08:57 20 Jan 04

If you delete the old monitor, I presume you mean that WIndows then insists upon re-installing it? If so, delete both and you should find that next time Windows will only install the right one.

AndySD 12:21 20 Jan 04

You may also want to try booting into safe mode and remove the monitors from the device manager there.

the kopite 12:41 20 Jan 04

Tried both ways guys its still there kopite

xania 15:56 20 Jan 04

Are you saying that, having deleted both monitors and rebooting, your system insists on finding 2 monitors? If it finds just one, leave it at that, and, assuming that the system works and your reboot does not yet again find another old monitor, you have no problem. In any other case, it seems that your Windows installation may be faulty. Try running SFC and correcting any problems identified. You could then try installing Windows over-the-top.

the kopite 19:06 20 Jan 04

fixed it guys by unchecking plug in monitor and reinstalling it thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…