Moniter Resolution

I,ve just got a new LG W2243s widescreen and I've adjusted the display and resolution.The picture is now ok,but the resolution states it's 1980x1080 which is the best one,but Vista thinks it,s only 800x600.No mater how much I install the drivers it will not change but it still looks ok.I can't run easy transfer or photoimpact because of the res.How do I get Vista to see the right res?

DieSse 21:30 25 Sep 09

"the resolution states it's 1980x1080"

Where is this being stated?

"Vista thinks it,s only 800x600"

Where in Vista thinks this?

The res on the display settings state the 1980x1080 the res does change when adjusted.Vista,when you try to use easy transfer,photoimpact it states the res has to be 800x600 or more.Some of the message screens appear blured as well.

Technotiger 23:13 25 Sep 09

Desktop or Laptop, and what Graphics card if any??

I am thinking along the lines that - Perhaps your graphics are not 'up to the job' of running that Monitor!

Stuartli 00:13 26 Sep 09

>>Perhaps your graphics are not 'up to the job' of running that Monitor!>>

My now ancient ATi Radeon 9550 will happily cope with 1920x1080 resolution if required.

Might be worth trying that resolution setting at 60MHz refresh rate.

In XP at least, if you right click on an empty area of the Desktop>Properties>Settings tab>Advanced button>Adapter tabe>click on List All Modes, you will be able to find out what resolution/colour/refresh rate combinations your graphics card will support.

Highlight the required combination, click and then ensure that this is Enabled as necessary (rather than Windows shut down and restart).

Graphics card is a nvidia 8600gt(512mb) it shows refresh rate of 59,60&75 tried them all.You can have all the setting up to the top,but when I tried to use some progs,They report it only using 800x600.I've now updated the driver and still the same.

mooly 07:28 26 Sep 09

If you look in control panel you should have an NVidia option. Can you set the display from there, setting it to the "native resolution" of the panel.
Using a resolution of anything other than native WILL give blurred less sharp images.
If you can do that it's easy to set the DPI setting in Vista to give text sizes that suit you.

Technotiger 07:46 26 Sep 09

My graphics card is NVidia - a right-click on the desktop gives direct access to the NVidia Control Panel.

Used the nvidia panel and it shows the native res as 1920x1080 which its set at,which also corresponds with vista's display settings.But vista's easy transfer and photoimpact still will not run as it thinks it less than 800x600.Most of the progs seem sharp,but the nofication area and the messages are not.

Technotiger 09:55 26 Sep 09

I don't use Vista but, can you re-install Easy transfer/Photoimpact, perhaps this is where the problem is. If these are part of Vista, perhaps a Vista Repair might do it.

hssutton 10:11 26 Sep 09

Are you sure that PhotoImpact is Vista compatible. I think this program was "dropped" when Coral took them over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now