Momentary black screen on this site

Binzy 15:22 16 Nov 09

When I open the PC Advisor website I get a black screen for a second or two. It then clears. I've had this problem before and somebody very kindly helped me with it - but I forgot to make a note of it and have searched the help room but cannot find it. Can anyone help me please
?

Sea Urchin 15:26 16 Nov 09

It's not a problem - it's the new design of the PCA website. There are a couple of other threads about it running currently.

Sea Urchin 15:29 16 Nov 09

Here is the main one

click here

woodchip 15:35 16 Nov 09

One is what I posted, it seems like its on black all the time now, it easier on my old eyes, not as tiering as the white and blue

birdface 15:35 16 Nov 09

This is something new.It opens as a full black page for a second or two before opening properly.
Those on high speeds probably do not notice it.
But I do and it has only being doing it to-day.

woodchip 15:36 16 Nov 09

Pink then to black for me

birdface 15:36 16 Nov 09

I am not talking about black down the sides .The whole page is black but just for a second or two.

Sea Urchin 15:45 16 Nov 09

Yes - that's correct - it happens at all speeds since the change of design.

I don't see what the problem is - just close your eyes as you click the link if it offends you.

Graphicool1 16:51 16 Nov 09

I found it a bit disconcerting to start with. When it first started happening a few days ago, I thought my PC was throwing a wobbly. But after checking with other sites and finding it was only happening with PC Advisor, I realised it was their way of keeping us on our toes! Bit like sometime back, when that advert put everyones backs up, including mine.

Still this isn't as annoying, it's here and gone in a flash, even though my PC is quite slow.

woodchip 18:44 16 Nov 09

Looks like its returned to Blue Screen

Graphicool1 19:23 16 Nov 09

Still black here!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…