MOH gaming problems...

nick_j007 22:57 10 Jul 03

Evenin' all.

When going into multi player mode on Medal Of Honour and then list all the games available I choose a line and then after a few seconds it knocks me back into the main briefing room. This happens about 9/10 times. I have tried to uninstall it tonight and reinstall in the hope it might solve the glitch but all I get when trying to uninstall via add/remove prog's is:
"An installation support file could not be installed. The system cannot find the file specified"
Maybe a system restore to a few days ago when I reinstalled it then in an attempt to solve this same issue? I did turn NAV off last time but it only installed successfully on the third attempt I think it was. I am also running it with the latest patch (V.1.11 I think it is).
Any thoughts would be welcome, I'll look in in the morning now as I need my sleep...!
Night all.

Nick Jones

crx1600 23:03 10 Jul 03

click here similar thread.

nick_j007 23:16 10 Jul 03

Cheers mate. That may well get me going again.
I'm abit concerned about my error message still though, as in theory I can' uninstall the bugger.

crx1600 23:21 10 Jul 03

have you tried inserting the CD, as that has an uninstall option, rather than add/remove.

nick_j007 22:03 11 Jul 03

Well I managed to unistall it again in the end, and went into the registry and deleted any signs of the blighter there too. I did a back up the registry you will all be pleased to know first.
When opening the game I now receive the message:
"Couldn't load default.cfg" This is in the script type box.
If any of you know the solution do tell. In the mean-time I shall hunt around for the answer.
Best Wishes, Nick

The Ghost of Inept Pig 00:43 12 Jul 03

May I be so bold as to suggest another re-install? It may be worth a go...

The first link may not be as relevent as it applies more to people who own Spearhead as well, but it gives you instructions on what to remove from your registry -click here

And if that fails to help you could try this one here (both of these links are from the EA web site - apologies if you've checked there already)
click here

Failing that, there's a nifty little games forum if you click here - I'm sure someone therein could help you.

soy 01:32 12 Jul 03

when you want to play online multiplayer, don't use the in-game menus. Use a third-party program such as Gamespy Arcade.

Its a programs that will search and list all the servers to play on. Including no of players, map, gametype etc.

you can get it from: click here

The Ghost of Inept Pig 02:09 12 Jul 03

to soys suggestion, may I recommend the marvellously Ad-free All seeing eye - available from click here

Of course, it's a matter of personal preference...

nick_j007 10:02 12 Jul 03

Thank you gentlemen. I shall have another go at reinstalling and will be interested to see the link on what to delete in the registry. I shall look at all those links today.
I'll post back later on with a final (?) update.

ordep 10:50 12 Jul 03

Had a lot of trouble reinstalling MoH myself. Twas only after 3 attempts (reinstalling) that I managed to get it to run ok.

Would certainly recommend ASE as apposed to GameSpy. By far the better host.

That games forum The Ghost of Inept Pig recommends isn't bad either:-)

nick_j007 10:58 12 Jul 03

I have deleted as thoroughly as O know how to and also followed the points on how to delete in the registry too.
When trying to reinstall this morning it stops half way through disc one and says:

Component: Data Files Minimal
File Group:
Error: Catastrophic Failure

This has happened a few times now. I shall try yet again and stroke the side of the PC as it installs this time...y' never know.
I shall also run a scan disc and defrag it this time before hand.

Yours, on a knife edge, Nick.

Nick just blew himself up on a grenade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…