Modzilla

steve263000 11:12 12 Oct 04

I have just changed my browser to Modzilla. It is a lot faster than I.E., and I love the tabbed browsing. I just load my favourites, and change pages when I like. It also has a built in composer for web design and a email support, although I have not used it yet. What does the forum think of Modzilla, and are there better ones around? Also if I change my email to use the Modzilla system can I import my mail and address book from Outlook Express.

mbp 20:38 12 Oct 04

A popular browser. Yes you can import. It's all there in the program.

Gaz 25 22:15 12 Oct 04

It's a very good program indeed!

steve263000 02:53 13 Oct 04

I had a problem with it last night. While doing the online shopping at Asda, not all of the information would show up. MOst of the shop did not come up, and I could not pay for my goods. I changed to I.E. and it worked fine. Any idea's?

mbp 10:45 13 Oct 04

The main reason I constantly use, Firefox & Thunderbird, is for my satisfaction of browsing in relative SAFETY. I also keep IE for when I need it, like for my automatic downloading of MS updates. I am not belittling the functional aspects of IE or OE. They are excellent programs but subject to being targetted by viruses. But why should I expose myself to Hackers, Viruses, Hijackers and wot not unnecessarily. Certainly, I have all my protection installed, but still!!!

I don't know if I am paranoid, but when I leave my computer to go for lunch, for example, I even disconnect my internet connection, so that I am not visible during that period. I am on Broadband. Touch wood, I have been browsing for the past 4 years, and I haven't yet been attacked by anything. I am one of those who dreads having to re-install or go to my registry to remove a virus signature, or anything like that because I know so little about IT. I just want to be able to use my PC in peace! And I do not like to spend a lot of money on protection either, as a pensioner!

steve263000 08:28 14 Oct 04

Thank's for the posts on this. Asda is not the first site that I have had problems with, and I had another site just this morning. However as mpb says, I.E. is the main target for the hackers. I will just use Modzilla for main browsing, and go back to I.E when required.

mbp 10:43 14 Oct 04

Steve, it is Mozilla without the "D". I know that it is a typographical error. Try Thunderbird, it is just as easy to use as your mail program but keep your Outlook Express.

steve263000 14:14 15 Oct 04

My apologies for the typo, and thanks to all who responded.
Steve.

wallbash 21:28 15 Oct 04

I have just started to use firefox and Thunderbird
(must admit the names are good)So i could be compleatly wrong ( has been Known)!!!
But when I had trouble veiwing some pages , was told to instal IE View 0.83 an add on to Firefox , Easy to install and can now see wot i saw when I viewed Using I.E

steve263000 16:17 25 Oct 04

Just a note re Mozilla. I have now deleted it for the time being. I could not get rid of it as the primary browser. It is no doubt a good fast browser, and worth using. But there are to many conflicts with other sites to use as the main browser window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…