modular patch cable/cord for broadband?

Superstylin 17:27 29 Jul 04

following on from "can i use normal phone cable for modem to filter/phone point with broadband" (to which the answer was rj11 cable is 10 times quicker) i now need to know....is modular patch cable/cord the same as rj11 cable?

been looking at prices of cable and rj11 is typically about a £1 a metre but this modular patch cord is waaaaay cheaper, found some at click here that is under £5 for 5o metres!

TommyRed 17:38 29 Jul 04

I don't think that's for broadband, it doesn't mention it anywhere. Try somewhere like this click here , just type 'RJ11 cable' into google and then check the hits. HTH TR

Superstylin 17:52 29 Jul 04

cheers that's a great price actually if this patch cable ain't usable...the thing that confused me was it has a product description of modem cable and it has rj11 connectors

any advances on this?!

TommyRed 19:00 29 Jul 04

That price has a £4.99 + vat shipping charge on top of, look at some of the other hits, maybe you'll find it cheaper. HTH TR

Superstylin 20:58 29 Jul 04

resolved, i've found really cheap rj11 cable on ebay so i'm gonna go with that rather than chance the modular patch cable. thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…