Modifiying File Properties

Pesala 16:33 01 Apr 03

I want to modify the dates (as shown in Windows Explorer) of some MP3 files. I want to change the file dates of some talks to the actual dates on which the talks were given. Is there any freeware utility that will allow one to do this?

woodchip 16:35 01 Apr 03

Just resave the file with a different name, and remove the old file

woodchip 16:36 01 Apr 03

PS you only need to change the name by one letter

Pesala 16:39 01 Apr 03

Surely that will only change the date to the current date. I suppose I could change my system date to the date I want, then open and save the file, but that would be tedious in the extreme. Also I have no application that will open and save MP3 files without expanding them enormously.

chrispm 16:41 01 Apr 03

There is a program called TouchPro that allows you to change the datestamp on files.

click here

Pesala 17:29 01 Apr 03

I downloaded TouchPro, then downloaded the Windows Installer upate to install it. Then installed it to find that the trial version doesn't actually function at all. Only £7 to register, but hardly worth it just to change date stamps. That should be a basic function of Windows.

So still looking. I found one Shareware program on Tucows, and one Members only program on Nonags, but no Freeware yet.

Any workable work-arounds considered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…