Modified JPEG's

pcmuppet 18:43 22 Oct 05

Hi, I am currently unable to view JPEG's in certain folders, all the individual JPEG files were modified on the 21st Sept and will now not preview in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer or any other viewer.

Other viewers generate the message,can't read file header.

I have tried system restore to a point before 21st Sept, but this has not helped.

I have also set Windows P & F viewer as the default. Files dated post 21/09 are fine and can be viewed as expected. I have also tried Pixrecovery without success.

My PC is running Windows XP SP2

Is there any way to restore the files to pre 21/09 or reverse the modification?

Iron Maiden 19:05 22 Oct 05

All system restore does is restore windows files & registry back to how it was on restore point date, it can't restore deleted or modified files back to a previous state only restoring from true backups can do this. Don't know what viewer's you have tried but try this click here i use it a lot & it sometimes manages to open files that Photoshop can't

pcmuppet 09:22 23 Oct 05

Thanks Iron Maiden, I have tried the IRFAN viewer, however the same error message occurs "can't read the file header" unknown file format.

Will now try converting the file format to see if this helps!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…