modems

fitcher 16:30 19 Jan 03
  fitcher 16:30 19 Jan 03

I have read that an external modem can be faster than an inside pci modem for ordinary 56 /92 connections /what do you guys think .can connection speeds move up// from say 45 to higher . comments

graham 16:48 19 Jan 03

will be faster than a slow internal modem.

pj123 16:48 19 Jan 03

I don't think so. Dial up modems whether internal or external still depend on the quality of the phone line. Sometimes you can get a good connection but if you get a dirty phone line on occasions it can slow it right down.

DieSse 16:49 19 Jan 03

For a long time, I have installed low cost, internal PCI soft modems. They connect at anything from 40K up to 53K, depending on location of the system.

dugie 17:18 19 Jan 03

When i used to use a modem i would only use an external modem as they seem to give better performance, if you get a good intrnal hardware modem, (Robotics, Diamond ect) it should be just as good.

Richard Tomlinson 11:55 21 Jan 03

Hello. I have just installed a Diamond Supra Express 56iPRO modem on a computer using Windows XP and AoL 8.0 The modem seems to work, I can hear it dialling, AoL reports 'requesing network attention, but the modem immediately disconnects and dials again. Can anyone help please? Thanks. PS the helpline number shown in the instructions appears to be invalid!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…