Modem/router no longer working

SPARKY 13:24 03 Oct 05

Hi people, I have a Safecom SWAMR-54108 4 port wireless ASDL modem router and I use AOL as my ISP. My PC is connected to the Lan. all was working fine a week or so ago and then after a shut down aol could no longer connect, the error message saying "DNS server is unreachable or unavailable". I can get into the router and all settings appear ok, (I have reset and tried starting again). In the STATUS section it shows aol as being connected. All IP address's, subnet mask and DNS server values are correct. I haven't knowingly changed any settings, so I'm stuck as to whether the problem is my settings or my router gone faulty. The router is only 5 months old so I could return it if thats the case.
I have reconnected my supplied AOL ASDL modem and this works straight away.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mgmcc 20:24 03 Oct 05

Open a command prompt window and run the command:

The DNS address that is shown would normally be the IP address of the Router. You could, however, try replacing that with the ISP's DNS addresses.

SPARKY 10:57 04 Oct 05

Thanks for replying mgmcc, I tried that but it had no effect, still stopped at Initialising modem stage.
Thanks Any other ideas ??

SPARKY 17:39 16 Oct 05

Returned as faulty, found to be faulty and recieved a replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…