Modem that works with Vista

stas_b 11:18 11 Mar 07

Have got a new desktop preloaded with Vista but
Presently use dialup using modem on old pc
New pc does not have a modem,

question

"which modem do I buy that Vista supports with drivers and is available in UK"

I ask this question because I have been to computer shops including PC world and none can guarantee that their product will work with Vista.

crosstrainer 11:34 11 Mar 07

Just had a look on the official hardware list for Vista...Microsoft do not list a single dial-up modem there at all. You could try click here they are very good on service...give them a ring!

If they say non exist then it's probably a driver thing. You may have to consider broadband...thelist of ADSL modems that are okay is extensive.

keithlik 12:51 11 Mar 07

Have several contacts who have installed Vista and their existing modems have not worked including broadband wireless. Will post a further comment if anyone finds the answer.

Good Luck.

Miké 13:36 11 Mar 07

Does your PC have an RS232 port? if so click here an external modem should be fine.

Best to avoid usb if possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…