Modem will not connect. Error 633

Lady Lara 19:22 22 Mar 06

Ok... I have an Acer Aspire 1350 Notebook. I have reinstalled Win XP Pro as it was damaged. Now I have gone to Acer website and downloaded all the drivers. I can only install some of the downlaods (Modem, AGP powernow and chipset) as the others willn opt unzip as they are part ofa set.

In the meantime.. I cannot connect to the net via dial up. I get the Error 633. Modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:58 22 Mar 06
  wednesday 13 20:13 22 Mar 06

try seeing if it is got loose or if it is external, try restarting your pc then connect

Lady Lara 20:21 22 Mar 06

the modem was working last night. Since then i have re-installed xp.. now it is not working i think it is a confliction somewhere....

I have tried the telephon.ini thing but some research shows that was for Win 98/ME/2000 but not XP. thanks so far

Lady Lara 20:28 22 Mar 06

I have looked in Device manager and there is no COM1 port..???! there is an LPT1 port ...is that a clue?

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:52 22 Mar 06

LPT1 is a printer port.

VoG II 20:55 22 Mar 06

Have you definitely loaded the modem drivers? Sorry for asking a silly question.

Lady Lara 20:56 22 Mar 06

I know LPT1 is a printer port.. but where is the COM1 port.. seeing as I have a comms device!!!

I have deleted modem and re-installed it but to no end!!

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:57 22 Mar 06

Could try uninstalling modem in device manager and rebooting, may detect new hardware and install it properly.

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:59 22 Mar 06

Possible you have the wrong modem driver for your device.

Lady Lara 21:08 22 Mar 06

Hertz Van Rentyl...

I have done what you suggested and to no avail... thanks for so far ..

LL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…