Could anyone make a suggestion please.
Many thanks in anticipation.

LastChip 22:09 16 Jun 03

Which version of Red Hat?

askgreg 22:27 16 Jun 03

Last Chip.

Red Hat version 8.

LastChip 23:38 16 Jun 03

Whilst I understand this does not answer your question directly, Linux Modems have been the problem child, mainly because people have tried to get Winmodems to work under Linux. In general, they DO NOT work, however, one or two manufacturers are now seeing the potential market for Linux, and have offered drivers for their cards.

You are probably better advised to stay away from these however, as they are still in the realms of black magic, and whether they will work or not, remains a inexact science!

Almost all external modems with a serial port connector will work, but clearly, it will be in your interests to make sure before purchase, by a little bit of research. With that in mind, click here and you should be able to determine what you require.

If you have loaded the operating system, you could also go into the graphical interface, for loading drivers for a modem, and it will list the drivers available, and by inference, the modems that are supported.

woodchip 00:00 17 Jun 03

I have a Dynamode External and Mandrake finds that without any Probs. It's got a Rockwell chipset

askgreg 16:25 17 Jun 03

Woodchip and Lastchip.

Many thanks for your responses.You have confirmed what I have read from various sources about Win Modems.I will use your link and go on from there taking into account what you have said about the Dynamode External modem.

Once again many thanks for your help.

Greg Askey.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…