Modem speed changes with power source!

yulee 06:01 16 Mar 04

I have Fujitsu Seimens Amilo Notebook, 2.4 GB etc.
When I use battery power, my dial up internet connection speed is around 46,000 kbps or whatever. When I plug in mains power, it reduces to around 36,000 kbps, whatever it is called. I have tried adjusting modem settings without success and am reluctant to enter BIOS, if that indeed is where the problem lies.
HELP please!!!!

anon1 09:18 16 Mar 04

Is this on the same telephone line? You don't say. How have you measured the speed? again you don't say.

yulee 15:17 16 Mar 04

Yes, it is the same phone line and apart from the information which comes up when I run the mouse over the twin computer icons, bottom right, I notice the difference in response when I am online.
If I were an expert, I would have included all that information, and if indeed I were an expert, I would not be asking the question in the first place!!

anon1 15:53 16 Mar 04

I did not suggest for one minute that you were or were not an expert I was merely trying to ascertain important factors with a view to offering help. You should put yourself in the position of the persons you are asking help from. That is not able to see what is going on and as such trying to offer advice or help in the dark. It is unlikely that the power supply (battery or mains) has any bearing on the matter at all. It is most likely pure luck and coincidence that the apparent results differ so much. For instance everytime you connect to the internet is probably at a differing speed its just that it has now started to bother you. You could click here and see if that helps. I do not even know what telephone comanpy you use but if it is bt then you could also ask them to increase your gain (explain that you use the internet) however this is only viable on a very quiet line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…