MODEM SPEED 2meg to Slow

Obi One Kenobi (without the Force) 12:14 24 Mar 05

On Monday I rang ntl and asked them to up grade my modem speed from the 512k to 2meg and they said fine. For the first day it was ok and the downloads were very fast. Now the downloads have slowed down again to what they normally were at the 512k speed. Is there any way I can check what speed my modem is working at. I have tried broad band medic but that’s no good.

I also have a wireless router running of my system. However that pc is hardly in use. I have run scans to see if there are not any NASTYS on the pc that could be slowing it down but there’s nothing.

I have xp pro 2002 service pack 2 on my pc.

Any ideas,

johnnyrocker 12:19 24 Mar 05

click here fourth box down on the left speed tests

johnny.

Yoda Knight 12:20 24 Mar 05

click here and click on test

GroupFC 12:31 24 Mar 05

for reference (thanks guys!).

pj123 12:34 24 Mar 05

Sorry for butting in on your thread. I just tried those tests but I don't understand the results. I got downstream 87.9Kb/sec and upstream 10.6Kb/sec. What does that mean, I am supposed to be on 1mb with NTL via my set top box (which is a Pace and will only accept up to 1mb). If I want 2mb I have to get the box replaced. Thanks.

Yoda Knight 12:38 24 Mar 05

this may explain it for you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…