//some 3rd party need geo

modem /sharing

chicken food 07:13 28 Feb 03

is it possible ,using 2 home pc.s to share one external modem,??
thanks in advance.

howard60 07:27 28 Feb 03

you will need to put a network in maplins do a cheap connection kit for 2 pcs ie 2 nics and a crossover cable., then you set up internet connection sharing on the one with the modem connected directly to it.

powerless 07:30 28 Feb 03

Yes, you need a ROUTER.

click here for a guide.

click here and click on "Use the Network Guide" at the end it recommends what you need. You dont have to buy the Mirosoft products but you should be able to see what you need to buy.

Also you maynot have to buy one or two things because you may already have them within your computer.

If you are unsure as to what is inside your computer. This utility from
click here download and install it will tell you what is within your computer in a user freindly way. A more advance version can be found at click here just download "AIDA32 - Personal System Information".

Also search these forums for HOME NETWORK

p.s. Networking isnt my thing. Theres a forum member who goes by the name of 'Jazzypop' hes your man (i think). With a bit of luck he'll see this and take you through it all. Fingers crosed ;-)

DieSse 09:24 28 Feb 03

howard60 is correct - you don't need a Router (although you could use one if you wished - it's more money though!).

powerless 09:26 28 Feb 03

"Networking isnt my thing"

;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…