Modem Router from the uk will it work in germany??

I am moving to germany i have a netgear rangemax modemrouter will this work in germany or is the broadband over there completely different.

Thanks for any help

Ashrich 21:19 22 Aug 08

I would imagine that providing you get your broadband through a telephone line that all you might need will be an adapter for the plug socket , Germany seem to mostly use 2 round pins instead of our 3 oblong pins , click here for a better understanding .

Apart from that it should all work the same as the Uk . Looking through most modern modem routers they are all global , with the provision for changing settings to comply with the different ways broadband is implemented , the VPI/VCI may be different , or you might need PPPoE rather than PPPoA but the set up wizard built in can detect most things .

Ashley

RFB 21:20 22 Aug 08

Looks as if it would be ok...
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…