Modem. Retaining connection

Sapins 16:16 06 Oct 03

I have been having problems maintaining the connection to Wanadoo.fr It connects at varying speeds from 4200bps to a maximum of 33600bps,(mostly 12000bps) the usual speed is 44,333bps which I used to get 90% of the time, the connection stays on for about a minute, I know when the connection is about to fail when the "counter" in the connection box "freezes" and a few seconds later the connection fails. Wanadoo's technical support suggested the modem needed testing, as I do not know how to do this I telephoned Gateway's technical support line and a technician guided me through removing and re-installing the modem driver. This has not made any difference. I have also reverted the drives with GoBack to the day before the problem started, 6 days ago, no difference. I have not installed or un installed any software or hardware recently. Can I test the modem and if so how, is it likely to be on the blink. The phone line is ok I can make and receive calls. I have just been dis-connected whilst typing this thread, about 3 minutes on line.
Any help will be gratefully received and may well save my sanity as well as enabling me to catch up with the threads in the helproom, my daily read :-)

Regards,

Sapins.

P.S. may take a while to respond to your replies

Sapins 16:53 06 Oct 03

Berrrrmp

struggle8 16:59 06 Oct 03

just uninstall modem reinstall re load software then away we go

Sapins 17:18 06 Oct 03

Done that struggle8--6th loine down!

Sapins 17:20 06 Oct 03

Line even:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…