modem problems

dozerman 19:21 23 Jun 03

I lost my modem in last nights storms,I bought a new one today and when i went to install it it would not fit the same slot.I fitted it in a spare pci slot and started the computer but it said it could not find a driver,I have downloaded a new driver could anyone tell me how to install it

Valvegrid 19:32 23 Jun 03

What Operating System are you using?

corc2 19:32 23 Jun 03

You should provide some more details regarding your Modem make, Operating System etc. Do that first.

Mick248 19:34 23 Jun 03

Put in the disk where you loaded the driver too. Then goto Device manager, click on your modem and the right click on the modem make. Select Update Driver.
You should now have a box with the option to search automatcally. Click on this. If this fails go back and select Browse and point the way to where the downloaded driver is.

Sorry this is not the clearest description in the world but it should work.
P.S. This is the solution for XP.

woodchip 19:34 23 Jun 03

If you got a new modem you should have got a driver with it on CD or floppy disc. if device manager shows a modem with a yellow mark remove it. then in Control Panel double click modem icon choose do not detect my modem choose have disc and browse to the disc for the drivers

dozerman 19:39 23 Jun 03

I am running 98se

woodchip 19:41 23 Jun 03

Then follow what I said

dozerman 19:46 23 Jun 03

I am running 98se and the modem is a Sitecom DC010PCIV.92

dozerman 19:49 23 Jun 03

I did not get a installation disk with this modem but have downloaded a driver from Sitecom's site and have it on a floppy

Valvegrid 19:53 23 Jun 03

Then follow what woodchip says.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…