MODEM PROBLEMS

Bonzy 08:50 03 Jun 04

Hi folks, I have a problem with an internal modem. I installed it and configured the ISP connection following the insructions given by the ISP. Now I had to test it by connecting so attempted to connectb but I got the following error message:

ERROR 629
You have been disconnected from the computer you dialed. Double-click the connection to try again.

I tried again but the following error message poped up:

ERROR 630
The modem is not responding properly. Pls verify that the modem is plugged to the computer and to the power line.........

People, I have no idea what to do next. Could someone tell me how to fix this and what it all means? Thanks indvance.

Porcy 08:55 03 Jun 04

Bonzy. What type of modem is it? I had a similar problem, but what I had to do was go through the procedure of installing the modem a few times. Try installing the software for the modem before you even put it in its slot. You can also check to see if its installed properly by going to control panel, selecting system, hardware, device manager.

Jakey boy 09:00 03 Jun 04

I would suggest removing the modem, and then uninstalling and re-installing the driver, before re-inserting the modem and re-booting. For infor on the error codes click here

mezzanine 09:06 03 Jun 04

629 The connection was closed by the remote computer

630 The modem was disconnected due to hardware failure

Bonzy 09:41 08 Jun 04

Thanx guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…