modem problems

DMAN 17:09 18 Nov 03

I am experiencing problems connecting to the internet using my dialup modem. The problem has only just started happening. I use an aol internet connection with winXP. I can connect to the interent in the morning and daytime but not evening or during peak hours. The chipset on the modem is conexant but I don't know the manufacturer and after contacting aol they said it's possible that I may need to upgrade the drivers. The driver bring currently used is best data data fax modem which WinXp installed itself. Can anyone tell me how I can find out the maufacturer or sort out this problem..

Cheers and would apprecaite the help

BarryKeith 17:25 18 Nov 03

You can download Aida32 to obtain all sorts of info about your computer and its hardware, software etc. But from your description of the problem it may be down to your telecomms provider, there could well be a fault that has developed on the line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…