Modem problem.

Ex plorer 00:40 AM 30 Dec 11

Hi having problems with wired and wireless connections.

I have changed the ADSL filter twice. There has been 1 other laptop and 2 phones over Christmas at home with no one been able to connect.

They have never had problems in the past.

I have reset the modem, and run the set up from the BT Voyager 2100 configuration manager.

At times I can connect but no one else can.

I found I could type a search into the PCA search bar and open to a page of titles to choose from but not open them.

Google Bing yahoo typing a search into them brought up nothing just a blank page.

Opening network in Control panel or anywhere else just freezes the laptop but then it has done that for the past 3 years.

Skype has remained in use at all times wired or wireless which seems odd to talk send messages etc, when I cant connect to the net.

OS Vista R610 samsung laptop

northumbria61 23:37 PM 30 Dec 11

Take a look here enter link description here

Ex plorer 16:50 PM 01 Jan 12

northumbria61 Thanks I will give suggestions from thread a try out I haven't any thing to loose.

Just got back on line this afternoon but its so sloooooow. Speed Test download 0.1Mb upload 0.4Mb I can only get 1/2 a Gig at best of times but its always been OK for what I want.

Never had to sit back and wait for a page to load until now.

My daughters lap top will now connect but its sloooow to.

BT Voyager Trouble shooting Diagnostics Test show ATM OAM F4 segment ping:Fail Ping primary Domain Name Server:Fail

I am with Tiscali so this may be the problem I will have to google and find out or ring them. I will try a new j11 cable and if all fails a new modem as last resort.

john bunyan 17:12 PM 01 Jan 12

Had a similar problem some time go:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4100489/slow-pipex---talk-talk/

In the end Tiscali / Talk Talk admitted a problem at their link at the local exchange LLY. I would phone them before getting a new router.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED