modem problem

eysha 18:36 05 Jan 10

Hi, i seem to have a modem problem in that my internet connection often gets cut off and i am only allowed local. The modem i have is a Belkin. Could i have it set wrong? if so how do i correct it?
Thanks E.

eysha 19:06 05 Jan 10

its a wireless router. i have tried disconnecting etc but that doesn't work.

Technotiger 19:07 05 Jan 10

Is it a Modem or a Router?

If it is a Router you could try a re-set by, disconnecting the Power to the Router - count to 15 slowly, and then re-connect the power.

Technotiger 19:10 05 Jan 10

Also, if it is a Router - in Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections and make sure that *Never dial a connection* has the check mark by it.

Technotiger 19:12 05 Jan 10

But was it the Power you disconnected or the lead to the computer?

eysha 19:12 05 Jan 10

have done both without sucess. i think the problem is on the site. would it be wise to reinstall frm the disk?
E.

eysha 19:26 05 Jan 10

yes please move it as you suggest and do whatever has to be done so i don't mess up and thanks. E.

Technotiger 19:30 05 Jan 10

Before doing anything else, I would advise you to Green-tick this thread as Resolved, even though it isn't, and then repeat your problem and questions in the Networking Forum shown in the list on the left of this page.

Closing this thread with the Green-tick, will prevent any confusion when you put it into the Networking Forum. You should also put a link (Click here) to this thread, within your new Networking forum thread!

If you are not sure how to include a link, I will do it for you when in the Networking forum.

I hope that makes sense.

Technotiger 20:56 05 Jan 10

I can't move it, only You can create a new thread in the Networking forum, just the same as you did in this Helproom forum - once you have done that I will create the link to this thread so that anybody trying to help will have the full picture.

Technotiger 21:00 05 Jan 10

Scroll down to the end of the thread and put a tick in the Box, then click on the word Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video