Modem problem?

Bald Eagle 10:54 28 Sep 08

A few days ago my BB access became iffy. Running Vista with a D Link DSL-320T modem. When I get online, which takes longer than usual, I can access one site and move around it with no problems. However, as soon as I try a second site I get "page unavailable" and I have to unplug the modem, wait a while, plug it in again and I have access to one site again.

My home page is Google and if I do a search I get the results page but if I try a link from that page I get "page unavailable" again.

Cannot get in touch with my ISP until tomorrow, typical French they don't work weekends! So don't really know if it's me or them.

BE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:18 28 Sep 08

French ISP? which one?

Orange working OK.

Graham. 11:21 28 Sep 08

Could be you are working off-line. Check File, Work Offline is not ticked.

Bald Eagle 16:04 28 Sep 08

Not working offline, the ISP is called Phonexpat. The beauty of it is that they speak English. I live in Brittany and though fluent enough in day to day French, technical stuff is something different.
BE

Bald Eagle 10:34 29 Sep 08

Apparently a Window's update had done something to my LAN. I had to put 2 DNS Server addresses in instead of automatic. Now up and running again.
BE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…