modem problem

gerryp96 21:57 04 Aug 06

I have recently been having problems with Force9 along with may others. This week they have been carrying out tests and asked me to leave computer switched on all the time. With the computer switched on obviously geeting on line was no problem. Now however when I have switched computer off I have have problems re connecting, I have messages telling me that I don't have a moden connected, also one that tells me that the connection had been terminated because the remote computer did not respond. After checking the connections which were all connected correctly I found that if I left modem ( Voyager 105 ) connection dis-connected for about 30 seconds it appeared to work again.
Anyone have any idea what would solve this problem apart from the expense of buying new modem?.
Thanks for any help

Stuartli 23:57 04 Aug 06

It would appear not to be the modem at fault.

gerryp96 21:21 06 Aug 06

Hi Stuartli, thanks for your reply but what do you think the problem might be?

Stuartli 21:28 06 Aug 06

If the connection works (although not all the time) then the modem is OK and, presumably, the configuration - you do state that you have "been having problems with Force9 along with may others."

So it appears to be something to do with Force9 rather than your equipment.

Are there any references to problems on the ISP's website, perhaps on its Status pages (if it has any)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…