Modem Problem

dazza39 09:08 10 Sep 04

I have Broadband Dial up on my PC and something weird has happened and i'm not sure what?,basically i can see my modem has two green lights on for the USB and line so i know that's ok
But when i try to connect it doesn't recognise a Dial up and my modem icon shows i haven't got it plugged in but i have as i have the green lights????,tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers but that didn't work?,think it might be a windows anomaly somewhere but don't know where to start?.

xania 09:21 10 Sep 04

Using Braodband, you don't use dial-up. You need to set your browser to Never dial a connection. You also need to configure your Braodband modem to automatically dial your ISP - the documentation you got with your modem will tell you how to do this. Then, as soon as you switch on your modem, it will automatically connect to your ISP and you will be constantly on-line. If all esle fails, contact your modem help-desk and/or your ISP to obtain all the specific settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…