Modem in one room and wifi connector/modem in another, Possible?

RoystonEWB 13:01 PM 09 Jul 13

Hi All,

At present I have the modem in the lounge and I use TP-LINK to connect it to my main computer, in the office/cave. My connection is very slow due to the location of the village, but have been told that Fibre Optics is on the way.

I want to have the main Modem in the office to take advantage of the new speed (Not through a 200Mbp Link) So need a little advice regarding, how to setup/install a wifi connecter/modem in the lounge for the laptop, ipad, TV, ect.

Can it be done, Can it be run through the TP-LINK, or do I need a wifi in the office to connect to the one in the lounge.

Any advice much appreciated.

wiz-king 13:23 PM 09 Jul 13

You should be able to wifi the lot using homeplugs one at the new modem/router and one in the lounge.

Haveing said that you may not need to extend the wifi, your new router may extend that far.

wee eddie 13:47 PM 09 Jul 13

wiz-king beat me to it.

Homeplug is the way to go ~ Remember to get the Pass-Through Variety, then the Router and Homeplug will only take up a single socket.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…