modem not showing firewalled

mitsme3 20:38 16 Jul 05

hi hope someone can help?

am running winXP Prof. sp2.

I had a try at F Secure internet suite & my cable modem showed as firewalled.
I went back to using Zonealarm & now modem does not show as firewalled! Anyone know why my cable modem doesn't recognise Zonealarm firewall?

woodchip 20:46 16 Jul 05

you should only use one firewall

mitsme3 21:22 18 Jul 05

Hi thanks for your reply,
sorry it's taken so long to read it. I am using 1 firewall & that's Zonealarm, I uninstalled F Secure & reinstalled Zonealarm. Am not using XP firewall. Modem still not showing firewalled, which it did when I had F-Secure installed. Was wondering why it would show using one product & not another?

woodchip 21:31 18 Jul 05

You have two Firewalls a Modem one and ZoneAlarm. I had problems doing that. So I removed ZoneAlarm

mitsme3 21:54 18 Jul 05

Hi can you tell me what kind of probs you had with Zonealarm? It came with my Broadband instal so I assumed that it was needed.

woodchip 21:57 18 Jul 05

Stopping me connecting and some more, like my Wireless Laptop could not connect to router sometimes

mitsme3 22:17 18 Jul 05

I don't have many connection problems, PC can run a bit slow but I think it's because I neeed more RAM, getting some soon. As Zonealarm was recommended by my BB supplier I think I will stick with it. Thanks for your replies, have now just to get my headphone probs sorted! That's another Q. Again thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…