Modem New Driver loses connection

prince midas 10:21 02 Sep 08

Using a driver update program,it told me my Modem driver was out of date.
So I downloaded the latest update and then installed it and it said update succesful.
But when I rebooted I got no modem shortcut in my tray and I had to revert to a previous image to get an internet connection.

Did I do something wrong when installing?

Stuartli 11:18 02 Sep 08

What type of modem are you discussing?

prince midas 15:08 02 Sep 08

It is a Speedtouch 330 supplied by Tiscali.
Have not had any previous problem with it.
I wonder if because I pressed install after I downloaded it that it could not recognize the update.Should I have disconnected the modem before trying to install it because as soon I installed it ,lost my connection.

The odd thing is that using another update downloader it did not say I was out of date with my modem.

Condom 15:23 02 Sep 08

I had the same problem some months ago when using a driver update program. I also installed the so called update and it would not work. It seems the update was not for the UK but for France. I rolled back the driver and everything has since worked OK.

Condom 15:24 02 Sep 08

Sorry I should have said that I use the same modem but with Virgin and XP SP3

prince midas 17:13 02 Sep 08

After reading the help files on the update driver program that keeps asking me to reinstall.It says that if a particular program keeps asking you to update it is a sign that the program is fitted on the motherboard etc and it will keep asking you to install because it does not know this.As regards the modem since I went back to an earlier image it as connected fine.

Stuartli 18:14 02 Sep 08

The latest Speedtouch 330 drivers can be found at:

click here

Stuartli 18:16 02 Sep 08

Also see:

click here

Stuartli 21:11 02 Sep 08

You may have to reconfigure the modem if you install the latest drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…