Modem to Netgear Super Wireless ADSL Router

Not being to bright, The istructions say to connect modem to router, Router is not USB as my BT Modem.

How do I connect????

FelixTCat 17:26 26 Feb 05

If it is an ADSL router, it replaces your BT modem and you connect the telephone line into the router and then connect the router to the pc with an ethernet cable. The pc must have a network port.

Do you have a network port in your computer and an ethernet cable?

I have connected the router to the computer via the ethernet cable. If I connect direct to the ASDL router it does not dial up.

Cheers

FelixTCat 17:33 26 Feb 05

No, it won't dial up. An ADSL is an always-on device. Have you set up the router with the log-on details given to you by your ISP?

I have set up the router and the router software indicates I have the modem set up but the computer still resorts to BT braodband modem?

FelixTCat 23:49 26 Feb 05

Take the BT modem out of the computer. Plug the phone line into the ADSL router and the ethernet cable between the router and the pc. Switch on the router and the pc. The pc will then connect to the internet through the ADSL modem router.

Dipso 23:51 26 Feb 05

You need to go Tools > Internet Options > Connections and select Never dial a connection.

You should also unplug the USB modem as it is no longer needed.

Which Netgear router is it?

Dipso,

It is the DG834GT.

I will go and try it now, fingers crossed.

Dipso 22:46 27 Feb 05

How did it go?

roy 23:18 27 Feb 05

If you haven't got it working yet, have a look at this page. click here

This router is very much like mine (DG834G) but wireless connection is faster. Modem is in the router.

Dear all,

Thank you for all your help, it is now all working fine. The BT dial up software was conflicting some how, cleared it off and it now fine.

Cheers,

BJY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…