Modem lead too short

colberly 16:30 08 Dec 03

I decided to upgrade to BB and have just received the necessary hardware and find that the lead from the modem is not long enough to reach both PC and phone extension even with the filters fitted to the phones. I wondered if there was anyway round this, is there some sort of extension lead that will fit both. Moving either the PC or phone extension is at present not an option. I know I should have checked the length of the lead prior to ordering but did not think about any problems. Would a separate USB hub help.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

LeadingMNMs 16:34 08 Dec 03

Surely it would be easier to just go out and buy a longer cable to connect the phone line to the modem. You could get a single lead to plug into the back or one that just lengthens the existing one. Neither should be too expensive.

Gemma 16:35 08 Dec 03

How far from the phone socket to the PC?

smegs 16:36 08 Dec 03

click here$cip=8397&Trail=C%24cip%3D8380%3EC%24cip%3D8394%3EC%24cip%3D8397&categoryId=8397&langId=-1&catalogId=1001 try another extension lead, until you can sort it out.

smegs 16:41 08 Dec 03

click here Sorry, the link didn't work. Try this one. It's Argos

smegs 16:41 08 Dec 03

click here Sorry, the link didn't work. Try this one. It's Argos

colberly 19:02 08 Dec 03

Afraid the one from Argos is not the one I am looking for, but it appears PC world has the correct one which is a Belkin and has the same connection either end, which is the type I need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…