modem keeps disconnecting

chriscross72 22:02 25 Mar 04

could anyone give me a clue as to why my modem keeps disconnecting after a few minutes online......i have windows 2000 a 'netodragon 56k voice modem and AOL as my isp..........

Thank you

Indigo 1 22:05 25 Mar 04

Check with your ISP for service status.

They might have issues in your area.

Diodorus Siculus 22:07 25 Mar 04

Has it been happening long or just a recent problem? If the latter, then it may be an ISP problem; if the former, then maybe you need updated drivers.

Gongoozler 22:08 25 Mar 04

Has this just started happening, and are there any changes you have made to your computer or telephones that could have triggered this? The most common cause of disconnecting is noise on the telephone line, but I recently helped a friend get much more reliable connection by moving the modem to a different PCI slot (this did also require uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to get Windows 98se to accept that the modem was in a new position, and that there weren't 2 modems).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…