modem instal probs on hp vectra

bigboab y 16:41 28 May 03

Trying to install a rockwell 56k speakerphone modem on an old HP Vectra 5/200. with W98 . device manager shows the modem , but when i click on it i get a message"cannot read port name from registry" i have changed the pci slot.. the driver is loaded.. but i still cant get it to dial out.. i have even tried different modems.. still no joy .... what com port is best and how does it relate to IRQ's (whatever they are) in BIOS... so many questions I know I know !

woodchip 18:07 28 May 03

Your Modem does not matter what make, is set to a specific Port so you need to find what port the modem uses before you can set it up

bigboab y 18:39 28 May 03

How can i find that out woodchip??

woodchip 18:43 28 May 03

You should have got a CD with the Modem this contains Drivers and other info check each folder for Readme files or such like and double click on it to open. You may have got a Manual, Do not forget that PDF files are what they use now for info in Acrobat Reader

bigboab y 19:14 28 May 03

I actually downloaded the driver from Rockwell ..i'll take a look and see if there is a read me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…