Modem headache

Bunnieshop 01:09 29 Jul 09

Hi all,

I hope someone out there can throw some advice my way as I'm totally stuck.

I had a linksys router cabled to a desktop and 2 laptops running off the wireless. All was working perfectly until a few nights ago, when both laptops couldn't connect and were both saying they had invalid ip addresses. Nothing new has been installed and not settings have been changed, so after trying to reset the router and taking some advice I believe that the wireless part of the router has died(the desktop still works fine. Anyway i bought a belkin router to replace the linksys, however I cannot get my desktop to to even acknowledge the new router, I also cannot get onto 192.168.2.1 it just says invalid address.

Any help would be grateful, thanks

mgmcc 12:49 29 Jul 09

>>> I also cannot get onto 192.168.2.1 it just says invalid address.

Connect a computer (any computer) to the router by ethernet cable, then go into the Network Connections folder and give the Local Area Connection a fixed IP address in the same Subnet as the router. For example, give it the address 192.168.2.2 with Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 and see if you can then access the router's configuration pages by entering 192.168.2.1 into your web browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…