modem havin no connectivity same with network

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 19:42 13 May 05

hello all,

i have my modem n router my compter connected via usb and the other connected via ethernet,and laptop connected to my computer via internet sharing, everything was fine and working when suddenly i signed out of msn and internet won't work, so i rebooted modem, rebooted computer and sometimes itd work sometimes not, then family computer connected via ethernet had the same problem, so i installed tiscali modem that came free into my computer and it works fine (i am on now) but i was thinking i could have the family computer connected instead of the laptop but now i have the error 'limited or no connectivity' and 'aquiring ip address' for ages, all i want is for the internet to be shared or the modem to be working again how it should be, tried doing syst restore.

sorry about not being detailed, but ive broke me arm, all help is great, thanks!

mgmcc 08:23 14 May 05

<<<i was thinking i could have the family computer connected instead of the laptop but now i have the error 'limited or no connectivity' and 'aquiring ip address' for ages>>>

When you swapped over from connecting the "laptop" for Internet Sharing to the "family PC", did you still retain the CROSSOVER cable you must have been using with the laptop, rather than the STRAIGHT-Wired cable the family PC would have connected to the router with?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 08:34 14 May 05

hello,

ive got the family to my computer connected via crossover, the straight cable isn't connected to anything at the moment, the straight cable WAS used by the family computer to connect to the router, i hope it makes sense for you?

thanks very much

ben

mgmcc 23:00 14 May 05

Is "Internet Connection Sharing" still enabled on the actual Internet connection in the HOST PC, bearing in mind that the USB modem is now the connection that needs to be shared where, before, it was the connection to the router?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 07:47 16 May 05

Yep.

I might try setting up the network again.

see if that works?

thanks alot :-)

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 09:56 17 May 05

the modem is on the family computer 'cause they want the internet.

might just have to buy a new modem n router :-(

im now trying to connect my laptop to the internet via the family computer but they are not talking just saying 'network cable unplugged'

thanks for your help! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…