Modem - Going Crazy!

The Griffman 19:27 19 Oct 03

For the last 3 days I've been trying to connect to my FS AnyTime, but each time I attempt. It dials in fine, but when it gets to the authentication part it disconnects every time. I've checked all my details and they are fine, FS say there's nothing wrong their end! Any ideas how to fix this little runt? The modem is a Rockwell 56K ACF II Internal Modem.

LastChip 19:49 19 Oct 03

What message are you getting when the disconnection occurs.

The Griffman 20:11 19 Oct 03

It keeps telling me my password/username is wrong!

powerless 20:19 19 Oct 03

Retrieve your account

click here

LastChip 20:31 19 Oct 03

The most common problem is a mistyping of details. As they are convinced it is not a problem their end, can I suggest you go through very slowly and make sure all details are correct.

If I recall with FS, your login name is seperated by full stops rather than @ and the password is case sensitive. It is also very easy to type a comma rather than than a full stop.

Sorry, don't mean to teach you to suck eggs so to speak, but I have seen simple mistakes like this over and over again, and when your getting frustrated at the end result, sometimes you simply can't see the wood for the trees.

If you are 100% convinced you have got this all correct, you can ask them to reset your password, and on one occasion, (for me) that cured the problem, in spite of them insisting it was not their end.

woodchip 20:35 19 Oct 03

My suggestion delete you connection and make a new one

Giggle n' Bits 21:14 19 Oct 03

this is the one where people leave messeges on your line and you can retrieve the left messeges by pickin up the phone and dialing 1571.

In the device manager, open the Modem icon and it will show you a windows one of the tab options will be for connection. Select this and make sure there is NO TICK in wait for Dial Tone before dialing. Make sure you apply the change before leaving/closing this window.

Which MS Windows do you have ?. 98/Me or XP ?

Have you recently moved the PC and been pluggin in the calbes on the rear of the PC. Check your modem lin from Phone is connected to the Line in hole on rear of modem if you have two holes as other is for a phone and one if for line in for internet.

You could open the Modem icon in Control panel and do a diagnostic check. Make sure you selct the line which your comport is installed on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…