Modem drivers for Tiny Laptop or new modem.

bda72 08:18 05 Jul 04

I have been given a Tiny A360+ laptop and have got it up and running using XP home. However I can't get the modem to work with the drivers I downloaded from click here yet everything else worked fine. My friend that gave me the computer has since found the recovery disk but the recovery partition has been wiped and setup will not pick up the modem drivers from the disk.
I have opened up the cover at the modem and noted some codes from the modem and came up with this info

588-CX-2000
REGISTRANT: ASKEY COMPUTER CORP.
MANUFACTURER: ASKEY COMPUTER CORP
TYPE OF FILING: ORIGINAL REGISTRATION
REG. NO: H8NTAI-34687-M5-E REG. CLASS: TERMINAL DEVICE
TYPE OF EQUIPMENT: 56KBPS MODEMS USING ANALOG UPLOAD/DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PROCESSING
EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION: INTERNAL 56K DATA/FAX MODEM
TRADE NAME MODEL
ASKEY, DSI, DYNALINK, J-MARK, FB 1456VQL19R(INT), 1456VQL19R-1(INT)
MITAC
IBM, ACER, IMPRESSION FB 1456VQL19R(INT), 1456VQL19R-1(INT)
MAGICXPRESS FB MX56-19R(INT), MX56-19R-19R-1(INT)
PHOEBE MICRO, THUNDERLINK, FB 1456VQL19R(INT), 1456VQL19R-1(INT)
COMPAQ

But I still can't find and drivers. Does anyone know of a solution or would I be just as well trying to get a new modem and how much would this cost?

sicknote 09:18 05 Jul 04

Have you checked that it is enabled in the bios ??

bda72 07:50 07 Jul 04

I've checked and can't find any reference to the modem in the bios. I do know that it was working before he re-installed XP.

Smegs 12:02 07 Jul 04

click here Have a look here. Good luck.

bda72 07:57 08 Jul 04

Thanks for the link smegs but it didn't open for me although the address looks familiar. If it is the download page for the FIC A360 then I have been there and downloaded all drivers for 98,ME and XP. I unzipped all the drivers and put them in individual folders on a cd and tried to instal them on the laptop, everything else is ok but the modem will either not pick up at all or refuse to install the drivers. The only difference is sometimes they will install from the CD then it gives a warning message, something about code 10, and I'm still with no modem.
Any ideas gratefully received so long as they don't involve calling Tiny;)

jack 08:44 08 Jul 04

Windoze has a good selection of modemdrivers in its 'drivers library including generic ones that
will operate and modem.

Go to 'Modem' in Control Panel. Click the tab
remove the installed driver.

Re-start and Windoze will find a modem.
Click 'select from list' and see if one matching the spec you know is there.
If it is not simply select 'generic' 56k modem from top of list.
This will get you going.
You may get 'driver pop ups' for a while, but eventually Windoze will accept the fact that one its got is all its going to get, and shutup.

j

bda72 07:47 09 Jul 04

I have already removed and reinstalled the modem countless times and if it does try to install a driver then it says there was a problem during installation and this device could not start(code 10). I assume by Windoze you mean Windows or is Windoze something else.

Any help greatfully received.

bda72 08:01 09 Jul 04

Ok i've finally found soething on Code 10 which refers to a similar problem on a Compaq laptop click here;EN-US;Q305934 If this is the problem I don't know what to do because as I answered to sicknote I can't see a reference to the modem any where in the Phenoix Bios.

Molded 09:08 09 Jul 04

It might be worth having a look at this site :

click here

Apparently it is advisable to uninstall your current driver before doing a scan.

sicknote 09:24 09 Jul 04

click here and go to bios and utilites

sicknote 09:26 09 Jul 04

Sorry missed abit out click here then support then bios & utilies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…