modem driver win xp

tmac 11:36 01 Mar 03

I downloaded a driver from the modem manufacturer (Terayjet) which specifically stated that it had only to be used with my modem and win xp. When I tried to install I got a message saying that the driver had not been tested by microsoft and that installation could cause my pc to crash. Do I go ahead and install anyway?

mol01 11:40 01 Mar 03

I presue than screen talked about being uncertified. THere are many uncertified drivers that have not been checked by microsoft and are theefore uncertified. However, they have usually ben tested by the manufacturer and so will work fine. Go ahead and install. If you are unsure, set a system restore point before installing this driver - start/programs/accessories/system restore/ set restore point. This will allow you to reset you system to how is was before you installed the new driver with minimal fuss.

« Ravin » 11:48 01 Mar 03

when you install an unsigned driver a restore gets created anyway so go ahead and install the driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…