Modem driver help please, bit confused by what

Giggle n' Bits 01:50 08 Jan 03
  Giggle n' Bits 01:50 08 Jan 03

to look for.
The Modem has Diamond Technology on this Internal PCI modem. The chipset on modem chip, says its
"Conexant & got RS56/SP-PCI under this name"

The S/N: 4894400045334
The P/N: 23540029-004

Am have looked atthe Diamond support site which is via the click here etc site I think.

Is the drver I should be looking for Connextant or Diamond. Really confused now.

Please help.

Djohn 02:05 08 Jan 03

Taken from the conexant web site, hope it is of some help.

Quote "The generic software offered here should be considered a stop-gap measure only. In all cases, Conexant urges you to contact the manufacturer for drivers or any technical support issues."

jazzypop 02:09 08 Jan 03

If you click here and lookup your Part Number, you will see that your modem is a Supra SST 56 Int. Pro SP.

If you then click here you will see general advice about ugrading the modem.

Finally, if you click here you will find the drivers you need.

Congratulations on providing so much detail in your original posting - it made my task quite straightforward :)

Giggle n' Bits 11:35 08 Jan 03

Not seen you around for a few week. I had looked round again on this occassion and found many conextant chips/drivers but was overcome by the number of them and which one was which.

Again Jazzypop and his links at the rescue.

You should be called Sir Jazzy Link OBE.

Thankyou for the links.

Ghost. aka......

Giggle n' Bits 14:48 08 Jan 03

I have now replaced it with a new PCI Intel chipset driver that is working.

Thanks for the above help!.

Ghost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…