Modem Driver

cearve 19:58 15 Jun 03

I have downloaded a driver for a modem onto a floppy disk. I am having trouble installing this driver via add "install new hardware" in windows 98. Has this driver perhaps been downloaded as a zip disk and needs unzipping. If so how do I do this. And help would be grateful.

Megatyte 20:00 15 Jun 03

What's the filename extension?

AH

cearve 21:33 15 Jun 03

megatyte.
Sorry for delay in answering. Is this what you are asking for? There are two files, they were created on windows ME not 98 as previous thought.

D15797_winME.zip and vs686drv.zip

Stuartli 21:42 15 Jun 03

Unzip the files and then use the file on the lines of install.exe in the file(s) that are listed.

You may have to choose UK as the country involved during the setup procedure; then reinstall the modem from a bootup/restart so it will find the drivers.

They should work with 98 but this isn't always the case; if so you will have to download the correct drivers from the manufacturer's website, click here or a download centre such as that provided by Tiscali (click here) which lists numerous modem drivers.

woodchip 22:01 15 Jun 03

Get PowerDesk 5 from click here load the program it's free, then double click the zip file and tell powerDesk where you want to put the zip extracted file make shure you remember where you put them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…