modem driver

menorcarob2 13:25 03 May 03

i have a us robotics 14.4 external modem and i need a driver that will work with windows xp pro, can anyone help please

caast ©™ 13:36 03 May 03

I don't know if I am right but I would have thought it extremely unlikely to find a driver for 14.4k modem for XP Pro. I would check out the website click here

Prices for 56K modems are very cheap, both External or Internal, if you want new.

Click on my envelope with your details I have a couple external that may be of interest to you second hand.

tbh72 13:40 03 May 03

click here

The above link will help you find the right driver for your modem.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Before posting a message towards the top of the screen is a search area its very useful & extremely informative.

Try entering the following into the boxes I think you will be overwhelmed by the results

SEARCH FOR modem AND drivers
IN helproom / all discussion
TICK search thread titles only
UNTICKED show resolved threads only

Searching is a fantastic way of finding instant result's especially when the forum may contain only a few people eg, late at night or public holidays.....

menorcarob2 15:05 03 May 03

have tried all the suggestions and cannot find a driver

Belatucadrus 15:16 03 May 03

click here for a collection of US Robotics drivers.

bentley 15:19 03 May 03

Modems are very very cheap, why bother
looking for a driver for an out of date modem
u can get a new one for as little as a tenner

menorcarob2 15:29 03 May 03

i live in menorca and only have a radio line usr modems are the only ones that work and at 4800bps

menorcarob2 11:00 04 May 03

have tried hundreds of sites and cannot find a driver what i would like to know does this modem work with xp pro

daxian 11:15 04 May 03

if you look on the xp install disk there is a compatibility checker for hardware and software,give it a try .you will probably find that xp does not support it ..

menorcarob2 12:41 04 May 03

tried to do the compatability test and it then said that it would install windows aagin i stopped there, because of the trouble i had in getting it working properly in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…