modem driver

Nessie 00:14 13 Feb 03

click here
I bought this modem about a month ago. It was working fine and I sold the computer it was in to friend. He gave it back to me as there was a problem with the set up so I reformated. He has lost the driver cd. Does anyone know where I can get drivers for this modem. Any help would be great. I have tried the generic drivers in win 98 but no luck

DieSse 00:28 13 Feb 03

Put .... AMI-2019 modem driver .... into a google search - should lead to to a driver or two.

click here

for instance

Nessie 01:10 13 Feb 03

l

Nessie 01:27 13 Feb 03

I have downloaded the driver as advised for AMI 2019 for win9x as I have win98. I have extracted it onto a floppy as the modem is on another pc. I go through the new driver wizard. I specify a location as A:/ and folder on the floppy of win9x. It just keeps coming up as no drivers found. Any help would be great. Thanks again.

DieSse 01:33 13 Feb 03

To install a modem, the usual procedure is as follows.

Remove any entries for modems and/or PCI Communications Device from Device Manager.

Reboot the system - when the system powers up, the OS should detect the modem and ask to be pointed at where the drivers are - point it to the floppy. At first it normally says Found PCI Communications Device.

Nessie 01:36 13 Feb 03

Have done all that but when it looks on floppy it says that no drivers found. Have even tried similar drivers just in case but no luck. Cheers

Terrahawk 02:51 13 Feb 03

just a thought but did the drivers you downloaded come as an .exe file if so you may have to execute to file to install the drivers

Djohn 02:58 13 Feb 03

Just checked and it's a zipped file, so copy it from the floppy to the desktop or any other location you want, then unzip and install from there. J.

Nessie 09:57 13 Feb 03

I have downloaded the zipped file to my desktop. I then unzipped it sraight to the floppy. I then take the floppy and put it in the second pc and continue as described above. No luck I am afraid. Thanks for all your ideas.

Nessie 13:16 13 Feb 03

help

Nessie 22:30 13 Feb 03

Have tried above and no luck. any ideas please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…